Last month, I decided not to renew my website, when it expires at the end of June. So, I began to create a list of my 200+ published stories to share with you, in case there were any that you may not have read.
However, I received a lot of emails and comments – asking me to reconsider deleting my website. Some of the readers were friends and some were complete strangers. I never realized that there were so many people that read my stories.
I want to share an email I received that convinced me to renew my website for another five years. It was from a couple living in the United States.
Here’s what they wrote:
Recently, I came across your blog, and just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it.
Initially I didn’t see your email at the bottom of your blog, so looked you up on Facebook and sent you a message.
Then, I saw you’d posted that you don’t use Messenger. So I’m trying this avenue.
I’m also originally from Oshawa, and went to OCVI. My husband, Paul, and I have been living in Arizona for 33+ years, so it’s always enjoyable to read about ‘Oshawa memories’ (I’m guessing you’re familiar with FB Vintage Oshawa group…yes?).
Anyway, thanks for the time and thoughtful effort you put into writing your blog…with musical choices that accompany…much appreciated.
If you don’t renew your blog website at the end of the month, perhaps you can continue your writing via Facebook or some other avenue that I can follow…?
If that is in the works, please let me know how I can follow you.
Thanks, so much…I hope your bone scan went well.
I hope Cathy doesn’t mind me posting her email but I wanted to let you know that you can take the boy/girl from Oshawa, but you can’t take the Oshawa from the boy/girl! And although I haven’t lived in Oshawa since 1982, it will always be my home.
I never expected to change my mind – I’ve always been very stubborn. But I’m going to renew my subscription to the website and hope that I can find things to write about.
Website Home – you can reach by clicking here: Website Home
Here’s the list of stories I’ve written since 2012. I hope you’ll read some of them if you haven’t already.
- January 22nd – Volunteering at the BC Cancer Centre
- January 26th – Best Pickup Line
- January 29th – If the Shoe Fits
- January 31st – Pay Washrooms
- January 31st – A Perfect Kisser
- February 10th – Court, Karaoke & the Biker Bar
- February 14th – Forever & Ever
- February 22nd – The Warwick Hotel, Hookers, & Tattoos
- February 24th – The Tower of Freedom
- February 24th – My First Pet
- February 28th – New Clothes
- March 12th – Geneva Park
- March 18th – The Summer of ’66
- April 1st – My Holly Golightly and Audrey Hepburn
- April 2nd – The Flasher in Surrey
- April 17th – The Bald Stalker
- May 14th – The Last Card
- May 16th – A Smile, Nod or Wink in White Rock
- May 31st – Chips or French Fries?
- June 3rd – For Crying Out Loud
- June 5th – Man’s Best Friend
- June 15th – A Love Story
- June 24th – Terror on 8th Avenue
- June 28th – Danny’s Year Book 1968/9
- July 26th – Another Love Story – 1969
- August 2nd – Sad Eyes
- August 16th – Cancer: My Third Anniversary (Part 1)
- August 21st – Cancer: My Third Anniversary (Part 2)
- August 24th – Cancer: My Third Anniversary (Part 3)
- August 27th – Cancer: My Third Anniversary (Part 4)
- September 1st – Once in a Blue Moon
- October 19th – Pinch Me – please!
- November 11th – Eleven – O – One
- December 8th – Favourite Record Stores on Yonge Street
- December 12th – Twelve.Twelve.Twelve
- December 24th – Not a Creature was Stirring
- January 20th – Mr. Blair the Milkman
- January 29th – My Best Newspaper Job
- February 15th – Flashback to the ’60s: Loblaws & the House of the Rising Sun
- July 4th – July 4th Celebration in Vancouver
- July 19th – Today’s Audition
- July 20th – Shaving
- July 20th – Aftershave & Talcum Powder
- August 4th – Reflections
- August 24th – The Beach Boys Concert at the PNE
- September 20th – Happy Birthday Alice
- September 26th – Dear Ma
- October 15th – A Blind Dog in Winnipeg
- October 29th – Leaves. Fires, Chestnuts and the F Word
- January 1st – My New Year’s Resolution
- January 29th – Phood Phor Thought
- February 3rd – Sadie Hawkins Day
- February 21st – And the Gold Medal Goes To…
- March 2nd – Trouble in Paradise
- March 15th – Maybe I’ve Won!
- March 25th – Terror & Tremlin’ in Langley
- April 7th – Volunteer Week (April 6-12)
- April 12th – You’ve Got Mail!
- May 2nd – But I Couldn’t
- May 14th – Soaring Like An Eagle
- May 22nd – Dog Days of Summer
- July 13th – Update from the beach…
- August 1st – Warts and Witches
- August 6th – Is You Is or Is You Ain’t?
- August 16th – An Open Apology
- August 17th – Another Surprise!
- August 22nd – Diddly Squat
- September 8th – The Great White Shark
- September 14th – Last Night’s Awesome Concert
- September 22nd – The First Day of Fall is For The Birds
- September 25th – We Don’t Say Goodbye
- October 14th – When You Have Too Much Money
- October 31st – The Last Trick or Treat
- January 9th – Finally, I’m As Old As I Look
- February 4th – Today Is Special
- March 24th – A Shiny, Red Rolls Royce
- April 17th – An Act of Kindness from SK49
- June 15th – Push For Your Tush
- June 17th – My First Date in 40 Years – Part 1
- June 19th – My First Date in 40 Years – Part 2
- July 17th – The Tush Man – Part 1
- July 22nd – The Tush Man – Part 2
- August 31st – Dispatch from Somewhere
- September 6th – Hi Ma, it’s Danny…
- September 22nd – Together Again
- October 19th – Dear Laura
- October 26th – Yesterday in Montreal
- November 14th – My friend Norm
- December 16th – The Day that Santa cried
- January 13th – Route 66
- February 12th – Why I Hug You
- May 19th – My Last Visit
- July 15th – A Secret Whispered
- August 29th – One More Walk
- October 1st – Shadows of September
- October 25th – Dying Embers of Summer
- February 7th – Snowflakes and Ice Cream
- February 26th – Danny Goes to Camp
- March 2nd – Moonshine in the Maritimes – the Final Chapter
- April 15th – Walking and Living on the Edge
- August 18th – On the Nickel
- October 16th – Rambo and His Kids
- November 8th – Eleven Oh One
- November 14th – Not a Creature Was Stirring
- December 20th – Message from Santa Danny
- January 2nd – Gifts of Love
- January 10th – My First Blind Date
- February 2nd – Chasing a Dream
- May 13th – Happy Mother’s Day
- June 9th – Sticks and Stones
- August 5th – The Birdman of Ambleside
- August 24th – A Morning in LaConner
- August 27th – A Smokin’ Story
- September 1st – A Nooner at the Nat
- September 30th – Goodbye, So Long, Goodbye
- October 23rd – Another Bad Day
- November 17th – My Weak End
- November 20th – Notes on a Bridge
- November 24th – Notes from the North Pole
- December 7th – This and That
- December 16th – A False Creek Story
- December 22nd – White Rock Pier – after the storm
- December 24th – Do You Believe in Magic?
- January 6th – Tulips and Neptune
- January 8th – My 10th Anniversary
- January 10th – A Thousand Words…
- January 13th – Saturday Morning Walk in Vancouver
- January 29th – A Toothless Fairy
- February 4th – The Last Post
- February 9th – Skagit River Park Walk
- February 12th – A Fifty Dollar Walk
- February 16th – Valentine Daze
- February 23rd – Ramblin’ Thoughts
- February 26th – Animal Pals
- March 14th – An Empty Bucket List
- March 18th – A Small World
- March 22nd – Guemes and Me
- March 25th – Got a FOMO?
- March 27th – A Wet Kiss
- March 29th – POETS (again)
- April 2nd – A Ghost in Campbell Valley
- April 8th – Shoebox Treasures, SouthPaws, Bypass Surgery, and YoYos
- April 15th – Moonlight, S’mores, & Spit
- April 25th – A Treesome
- May 6th – A Heron Your Shoulder
- May 20th – Mother’s Day
- May 31st – A May Day Call
- June 17th – A Father’s Day
- June 29th – Birthday Greetings from LaConner
- July 18th – A Happy Hearts Reunion
- August 12th – Murals that Mirror Life
- August 17th – A Prayer for Holly
- September 10th – Any Gum, Chum?
- September 13th – Dear Connie has Passed Away
- September 17th – A Brainstorm
- September 18th – Worried Again
- September 23rd – A Happy Ending
- September 24th – My daddy
- September 27th – Yesterday’s News
- October 4th – What’s In A Name?
- October 15th – The Oxford Street Grind
- October 20th – My Gal Pal, Betty
- October 24th – A Vanilla Leaf
- November 3rd – Building an Inukshuk
- November 7th – Message from the North Pole
- November 8th – The Lost Mustache Walk
- November 13th – Parking for Dollars
- November 15th – Today’s Cancer Center Visit
- November 26th – A Fallow State
- November 28th – You Have Mail
- December 4th – Fingered
- December 6th – A Fair Lady in Fairhaven
- December 7th – Music Calms My Spirit
- December 11th – A New Look
- December 15th – Another Christmas Miracle
- December 22nd – From Me To You
- December 24th – Today, Santa Danny Cried
- December 30th – Sea Lions, Harbor Seals, Seagulls, & Anchovies
- January 2nd – A Happy Goat’s Day
- January 4th – Which Way You Goin’ Danny?
- January 8th – Seventy Years Ago
- January 11th – Cold Feet, Holly, and a CT Scan
- January 22nd – A Smokin’ Gun
- January 27th – The Lemons to Lemonade Sagas
- February 13th – A Moment of Fear
- February 17th – New Site – Same Stuff
- February 18th – News – Live at Five
- February 22nd – The Barnston Island Challenge
- February 28th – A Walk on the South Trail
- March 4th – Something I Forgot to Mention
- March 19th – News of the Day
- March 28th – Dear Uncle Sam
- March 28th – A Baby Boom in Oshawa
- March 31st – Everyone Needs A Hero
- April 7th – A Public Service Announcement
- April 13th – Hidden In A Pocket
- April 16th – About Face
- April 27th – Musical Fruit
- April 30th – Are You a Polymath?
- May 4th – Top of the World
- May 7th – Footsteps to Remember
- May 30th – Because
Here are a few other pages on my website that you might enjoy viewing:
I hope that you’ll have a chance to read my stories. Some of them are silly; most of them are based on actual events and I never write about religion or politics.
I probably won’t update this list again until 2025.
Hopefully, you and I will still be around…
Dedicated to Cathy and Paul G.
I hope my stories are a gift to your head and heart.
Click on this Index to view my 210+ stories.
Today’s tune from Danny’s library (purchased):